All activities will be documented in a comprehensive report, the Data Memorandum.
This will include:
- Executive summary: We will provide an overall summary with our comments on the current and possible future state of the organization’s data capabilities.
- Key observations: This will include gaps and inconsistencies in the data that we may have encountered. We will also propose how to enhance and enrich the data to support new business needs.
- Data governance: Depending on the current state, this may include guidelines on regular data quality checks, policies, archiving, and backup.
- Priorities: We will provide recommendations and rationale for how to prioritize and focus, including a brief cost-benefit analysis.
- Future potential: Even if there are no specific data-based opportunities on your current agenda, our activities will often help uncover the hidden potential of the data that may be dormant today but activated tomorrow to support new business initiatives.
- Roadmap: To support your execution, we will suggest a high-level roadmap with key activities and resource needs along a timeline.
If AI is on the executive agenda, the report will also include specific advice on how to go about getting your data and organization AI-ready.
This will provide a solid basis for the organization to develop a data strategy playbook.
Another important outcome is organizational alignment. The interactions with stakeholders will facilitate a shared understanding of the organization’s data quality and priorities.
Talk with one of our Advisors