The most important outcome of the enhancement initiative will be a shared, deep understanding of the current and desired future state of the software architecture. There will also be alignment among key stakeholders about important priorities. Findings and recommendations will be documented in a comprehensive report (Product Architecture Memorandum) which will include:
- Executive summary: An overview of the activities, highlighting key findings
and recommendations for the next steps.
- Assessment objectives: A summary of goals and objectives, providing context
for the findings and recommendations.
- Current state: A detailed analysis of the current state of the architecture and technology stack in use, including strengths, weaknesses, and key areas of improvement.
- Quality attributes: A deep dive into the quality attributes that are particularly important to the product. This will include:
– Scalability: Assessment of the general scalability vs future needs and recommendations for scaling.
– Performance: Evaluation of the performance requirements vs current state.
– Data storage: Assessment of the data storage solutions in use.
– Integration: Evaluation of the architecture’s openness for expansion and integration. Proposing API and integration strategies when applicable.
- Road map: Prioritized activities, timeline and resource requirements.
The memorandum will usually be presented- and discussed in a seminar format.
Talk with one of our Advisors